The Model 1700 - Series Dehumidifier may be difficult to access in locations such as attics and crawlspaces, and you may wish to control the moisture level in a specific area, such as a living room or master bedroom. The Model 70 Living Space Control provides you with a convenient, accessible means of turning the Model 1700 - Series Dehumidifier on and off and allows for adjustment of the dryness level set point. The Model 70 Control contains its own sensors that override the Model 1700 - Series main control board sensors when connected and enabled. Therefore, the control should be located in an area where the homeowner wants to monitor and control moisture levels.
DO NOT MOUNT CONTROL:
- Approximately 5 feet off the floor (refer to local codes for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act).
- On an interior wall where the humidity is representative of the home being dehumidified.
- At least 18 inches away from an outside wall.
- Behind doors, in corners or other dead air spaces.
- In direct sunlight, near lamps or other sources of heat.
- On an outside wall or any wall exposed to an unconditioned space (i.e. garage).
- In the airflow path of a supply register or near outside doors.
- On a wall where concealed pipes or ductwork will affect the control temperature and relative humidity accuracy.
- Low Dew Point Control Level: 40°F
- High Dew Point Control Level: 65°F
- Temperature Sensor Range: 40°F to 100°F
- Relative Humidity Sensor Range: 30% to 100%
- Supply Voltage (DC from model 1700 control board): 12VDC